First Year Player Draft
Draft Rules / 2012 Picks / 2011 Picks / 2010 Picks / 2000 - 2009 Picks
The First-Year Player Draft, also known as the Rule 4 Draft, is Major League Baseball's primary mechanism for assigning amateur baseball players, from high schools, colleges and other amateur baseball clubs, to its teams. The draft order is determined based on the previous season's standings, with the team possessing the worst record receiving the first pick. In addition, teams which lost free agents in the previous off-season may be awarded "compensatory" picks. The first amateur draft was held in 1965. Unlike most sports drafts, the First-Year Player Draft is held mid-season, in June.
First Overall Draft Picks 1965 - 2012
|2010||Carlos Correa||SS - Puerto Rico Baseball Academy||Houston||-|
|2011||Gerrit Cole||RHP, UCLA||Pittsburgh||8,000,000|
|2010||Bryce Harper||C - OF, Southern Nevada||Washington||6,250,000|
|2009||Stephen Strausburg||RHP, San Diego State||Washington||7,500,500|
|2008||Timothy Beckham||SS, Griffin, GA HS||Tampa Bay||6,150,000|
|2007||David Price||RHP, Vanderbilt||Tampa Bay||5,600,000|
|2006||Luke Hochevar||LHP, Fort Worth (Ind.)||Kansas City||3,500,000|
|2005||Justin Upton||SS, Great Bridge, VA HS||Arizona||6,100,000|
|2004||Matt Bush||SS, Mission Bay, California HS||San Diego||3,100,000|
|2003||Delmon Young||OF, Camarillo, California HS||Devil Rays||3,700,000|
|2002||Bryan Bullington||RHP, Ball State University||Pittsburgh||4,000,000|
|2001||Joseph Mauer||C, Cretin HS, St. Paul, Minn.||Minnesota||5,150,000|
|2000||Adrian Gonzalez||1B, Eastlake HS, Bonita, California||Florida||3,000,000|
|1999||Josh Hamilton||OF, Athens Drive HS, Raleigh, N.C.||Devil Rays||3,960,000|
|1998||Pat Burrell||3B, Miami (Fla.)||Phillies||3,015,000|
|1997||Matt Anderson||RHP, Rice University||Tigers||2,500,000|
|1996||Kris Benson||RHP, Clemson||Pirates||2,000,000|
|1995||Darin Erstad||OF, Nebraska||Angels||1,575,000|
|1994||Paul Wilson||RHP, Florida State||Mets||1,550,000|
|1993||Alex Rodriguez||SS, Westminster Christian HS, Miami||Mariners||1,000,000|
|1992||Phil Nevin||3B, Cal-State Fullerton||Astros||750,000|
|1991||Brien Taylor||LHP, E. Cateret HS, Beaufort, N.C||Yankees||1,550,000|
|1990||Chipper Jones||SS, The Bolles School, Jacksonville, Fla.||Braves||275,000|
|1989||Ben McDonald||RHP, LSU||Orioles||350,000|
|1988||Andy Benes||RHP, Evansville||Padres||235,000|
|1987||Ken Griffey, Jr.||OF, Moeller HS, Cincinnati||Mariners||169,000|
|1986||Jeff King||3B, Arkansas||Pirates||160,000|
|1985||B.J. Surhoff||C, North Carolina||Brewers||150,000|
|1984||Shawn Abner||OF, Mechanicsburg (Pa.) HS||Mets||150,000|
|1983||Tim Belcher||RHP, Mt. Vernon Nazarene Coll.||Twins||Did not sign|
|1982||Shawon Dunston||SS, Jefferson HS, New York||Cubs||100,000|
|1981||Mike Moore||RHP, Oral Roberts||Mariners||100,000|
|1980||Darryl Strawberry||OF, Crenshaw HS, Los Angeles||Mets||210,000|
|1979||Al Chambers||OF, Harris HS, Harrisburg, Pa.||Mariners||60,000|
|1978||Bob Horner||3B, Arizona State||Braves||175,000|
|1977||Harold Baines||OF, St. Michaels (Md.) HS||White Sox||40,000|
|1976||Floyd Bannister||LHP, Arizona State||Astros||100,000|
|1975||Danny Goodwin||C, Southern Univ.||Angles||125,000|
|1974||Bill Almon||SS, Brown Univ.||Padres||90,000|
|1973||David Clyde||LHP, Westchester, HS, Houston||Rangers||125,000|
|1972||Dave Roberts||3B, Oregon||Padres||60,000|
|1971||Danny Goodwin||C, Central HS, Peoria, Ill.||White Sox||Did not sign|
|1970||Mike Ivie||C, Walker HS, Decatur, Ga.||Padres||80,000|
|1969||Jeff Burroughs||OF, Wilson HS, Long Beach, Calif.||Senators||88,000|
|1968||Tim Foli||SS, Notre Dame HS, Sherman Oaks, Calif.||Mets||75,000|
|1967||Ron Bloomberg||1B, Druid Hills HS, Atlanta||Yankees||75,000|
|1966||Steve Chilcott||C, Antelope Valley HS, Lancaster, Calif.||Mets||75,000|
|1965||Rick Monday||OF, Arizona State||Athletics||104,000|
1. Houston, Carlos Correa, SS, Puerto Rico Baseball
2. Minnesota, Byron Buxton, OF, Appling County HS (Ga.)
3. Seattle, Mike Zunino, C, Florida
4. Baltimore, Kevin Gausman, RHP, LSU
5. Kansas City, Kyle Zimmer, RHP, San Francisco
6. Chicago Cubs, Albert Almora, OF, Mater Academy (Fla.)
7. San Diego, Max Fried, LHP, Harvard-Westlake HS (Calif.)
8. Pittsburgh, Mark Appel, RHP, Stanford
9. Miami, Andrew Heaney, LHP, Oklahoma State
10. Colorado, David Dahl, OF, Oak Mountain HS (Ala.)
11. Oakland, Addison Russell, SS, Pace HS (Fla.)
12. New York Mets, Gavin Cecchini, SS, Barbe HS (La.)
13. Chicago White Sox, Courtney Hawkins, OF, Carroll HS (Texas)
14. Cincinnati, Nick Travieso, RHP, Archbishop McCarthy HS (Fla.)
15. Cleveland, Tyler Naquin, OF, Texas A&M
16. Washington, Lucas Giolito, RHP, Harvard-Westlake HS (Calif.)
17. Toronto, D.J. Davis, OF, Stone County HS (Miss.)
18. Los Angeles Dodgers, Corey Seager, SS, Northwest Cabarrus HS (NC)
19. St. Louis (Pujols-LA Angels), Michael Wacha, RHP, Texas A&M
20. San Francisco, Chris Stratton, RHP, Mississippi State
21. Atlanta, Lucas Sims, RHP, Brookwood HS (Ga.)
22. Toronto (Beede-unsigned), Marcus Stroman, RHP, Duke
23. St. Louis, James Ramsey, OF, Florida State
24. Boston, Deven Marrero, SS, Arizona State
25. Tampa Bay, Richie Shaffer, 3B, Clemson
26. Arizona, Stryker Trahan, C, Acadiana HS (La.)
27. Milwaukee (Fielder-Detroit), Clint Coulter, C, Union HS (Wash.)
28. Milwaukee, Victor Roache, OF, Georgia Southern
29. Texas, Lewis Brinson, OF, Coral Springs HS (Fla.)
30. New York Yankees, Ty Hensley, RHP, Santa Fe HS (Okla.)
31. Boston (Papelbon-Philadelphia), Brian Johnson, LHP, Florida
32. Minnesota (Cuddyer-Colorado), Jose Berrios, RHP,
Papa Juan XXII HS (Puerto Rico)
33. San Diego (Bell-Miami), Zach Eflin, RHP, Hagerty HS (Fla.)
34. Oakland (Willingham-Minnesota), Daniel Robertson, SS, Upland HS (Calif.)
35. New York Mets (Reyes-Miami), Kevin Plawecki, C, Purdue
36. St. Louis (Pujols-LA Angels), Stephen Piscotty, 3B, Stanford
37. Boston (Papelbon-Philadelphia), Pat Light, RHP, Monmouth, N.J.
38. Milwaukee (Fielder-Detroit), Mitch Haniger, OF, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
39. Texas (Wilson-LA Angels), Joey Gallo, 3B, Bishop Gorman HS (Nev.)
40. Philadelphia Phillies (Madson-Cincinnati), Shane Watson, RHP, Lakewood HS (Calif.)
41. Houston (Barmes-Pittsburgh), Lance McCullers, RHP, Jesuit HS (Fla.)
42. Minnesota (Kubel-Arizona), Luke Bard, RHP, Georgia Tech
43. Chicago Cubs (Ramirez-Milwaukee), Pierce Johnson, RHP, Missouri State
44. San Diego (Harang-LA Dodgers), Travis Jankowski, OF, Stony Brook
45. Pittsburgh (Doumit-Minnesota), Barrett Barnes, OT, Texas Tech
46. Colorado (Ellis-LA Dodgers), Eddie Butler, RHP, Radford
47. Oakland (DeJesus-Chicago Cubs), Matt Olson, 1B, Parkview HS (Ga.)
48. Chicago White Sox (Buehrle-Mimai), Keon Barnum, 1B, King HS (Fla.)
49. Cincinnati (R. Hernandez-Colorado), Jesse Winker, OF, Olympia HS (Fla.)
50. Toronto (Francisco-NY Mets), Matt Smoral, LHP, Solon HS (Ohio)
51. Los Angeles Dodgers (Barajas-Pittsburgh), Jesmuel Valentin, SS, Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
52. St. Louis (Dotel-Detroit), Patrick Wisdom, 3B, St. Mary's, Calif.
53. Texas (Oliver-Toronto), Collin Wiles, RHP, Blue Valley West HS (Kan.)
54. Philadelphia Phillies (Ibanez-NY Yankees), Mitch Gueller, RHP, W F West HS (Wash.)
55. San Diego (Austin-unsigned), Walker Weickel, RHP, Olympia HS (Fla.)
56. Chicago Cubs (Pena-Tampa Bay), Paul Blackburn, RHP, Heritage HS (Calif.)
57. Cincinnati (Cordero-Toronto), Jeff Gelalich, OF, UCLA
58. Toronto (Rauch-NY Mets), Mitch Nay, 3B, Hamilton HS (Ariz.)
59. St. Louis (E. Jackson-Washington), Steve Bean, C, Rockwall HS (Texas)
60. Toronto (Molina-Tampa Bay), Tyler Gonzalez, RHP, Jackson Madison HS (Texas)
61. Houston, Nolan Fontana, SS, Florida.
62. Oakland, Bruce Maxwell, C, Birmingham Southern.
63. Minnesota, Mason Melotakis, LHP, Northwestern St.
64. Seattle, Joe DeCarlo, SS, Garnet Valley HS, Glen Mills, Pa.
65. Baltimore, Branden Kline, RHP, Virginia.
66. Kansas City, Sam Selman, LHP, Vanderbilt.
67. Chicago, Duane Underwood, RHP, Pope HS, Marietta, Ga.
68. San Diego, Jeremy Baltz, LF, St. John's.
69. Pittsburgh, Wyatt Mathisen, C, Calallen HS, Corpus Christi, Texas.
70. San Diego, Dane Phillips, C, Oklahoma City U.
71. N.Y. Mets, Matt Reynolds, 3B, Arkansas.
72. Minnesota, J.T. Chargois, RHP, Rice.
73. Colorado, Max White, CF, Williston (Fla.) HS.
74. Oakland, Nolan Sanburn, RHP, Arkansas.
75. N.Y. Mets, Teddy Stankiewicz, RHP, Fort Worth Christian School, Keller, Texas.
76. Chicago White Sox, Chris Beck, RHP, Georgia Southern.
77. Philadelphia, Dylan Cozens, OF, Chaparral HS, Scottsdale, Ariz.
78. Cincinnati, Tanner Rahier, SS, Palm Desert HS, Indian Wells, Calif.
79. Cleveland, Mitch Brown, RHP, Rochester (Minn.) Century HS.
80. Washington, Tony Renda, 2B, California.
81. Toronto, Chase DeJong, RHP, Woodrow Wilson HS, Long Beach, Calif.
82. L.A. Dodgers, Steven Rodriguez, LHP, Florida.
83. Texas, Jamie Jarmon, CF, Indian River HS, Millsboro, Del.
84. San Francisco, Martin Agosta, RHP, Saint Mary's, Cal.
85. Atlanta, Alex Wood, LHP, Georgia.
86. St. Louis, Carson Kelly, 3B, Westview HS, Portland, Ore.
87. Boston, Jamie Callahan, RHP, Dillon HS, Hamer, S.C.
88. Tampa Bay, Spencer Edwards, SS, Rockwall (Texas) HS.
89. N.Y. Yankees, Austin Aune, CF, Argyle (Texas) HS.
90. Arizona, Jose Munoz, SS, Los Altos HS, Hacienda Heights, Calif.
91. Detroit, Jake Thompson, RHP, Rockwall-Heath HS, Rockwall, Texas.
92. Milwaukee, Tyrone Taylor, CF, Torrance (Calif.) HS.
93. Texas, Nick Williams, CF, Galveston Ball HS, La Marque, Texas.
94. N.Y. Yankees, Peter O'Brien, C, Miami.
95. Philadelphia, Alec Rash, RHP, Adel Desoto Minburn HS, Adel, Iowa.
96. Houston, Brady Rodgers, RHP, Arizona St.
97. Minnesota, Adam Walker, RF, Jacksonville.
98. Seattle, Edwin Diaz, RHP, Caguas Military Academy, Naguabo, Puerto Rico.
99. Baltimore, Adrian Marin, SS, Gulliver Prep School, Miami.
100. Kansas City, Colin Rodgers, LHP, Parkview Baptist School, Greenwell Springs, La.
101. Chicago, Ryan McNeil, RHP, Nipomo (Calif.) HS.
102. San Diego, Fernando Perez, SS, Central Arizona College.
103. Pittsburgh, Jonathan Sandfort, RHP, Winter Springs (Fla.) HS.
104. Miami, Avery Romero, SS, Pedro Menendez HS, St. Augustine, Fla.
105. Colorado, Tom Murphy, C, Buffalo.
106. Oakland, Kyle Twomey, LHP, El Dorado HS, Placentia, Calif.
107. N.Y. Mets, Matt Koch, RHP, Louisville.
108. Chicago White Sox, Joey DeMichele, 2B, Arizona St.
109. Cincinnati, Dan Langfield, RHP, Memphis.
110. Cleveland, Kieran Lovegrove, RHP, Mission Viejo (Calif.) HS.
111. Washington, Brett Mooneyham, LHP, Stanford.
112. Toronto, Anthony Alford, CF, Petal (Miss.) HS.
113. L.A. Dodgers, Onelki Garcia, LHP, No School, Calabasas, Calif.
114. L.A. Angels, R.J. Alvarez, RHP, Florida Atlantic.
115. San Francisco, Johnathan Williamson, RF, Wake Forest.
116. Atlanta, Bryan De La Rosa, C, Olympic Heights HS, Toa Alta, Puerto Rico.
117. St. Louis, Tim Cooney, LHP, Wake Forest.
118. Boston, Austin Maddox, RHP, Florida.
119. Tampa Bay, Andrew Toles, CF, Chipola College.
120. Arizona, Jake Barrett, RHP, Arizona St.
121. Detroit, Austin Schotts, CF, Centennial HS, Frisco, Texas.
122. Milwaukee, Zach Quintana, RHP, Arbor View HS, Las Vegas.
123. Texas, Patrick Cantwell, C, Stony Brook.
124. N.Y. Yankees, Nathan Mikolas, OF, Bradford HS, Kenosha, Wis.
125. Philadelphia, Zachary Green, SS, Jesuit HS, Rocklin, Calif.
2011 First Round Picks
First-round selections in major league baseball's 2011 First-Year Player draft
June 9, 2011
2010 First Round Picks
First-round selections in major league baseball's 2010 First-Year Player draft
June 7, 2010
1. Washington Nationals
Bryce Harper, OF, College of Southern Nevada
2. Pittsburgh Pirates
Jameson Taillon, RHP, The Woodlands (Texas) HS
3. Baltimore Orioles
Manny Machado, SS, Brito Private, Miami, Fla
4. Kansas City Royals
Christian Colon, SS, Cal State Fullerton
5. Cleveland Indians
Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Ole Miss
6. Arizona Diamondbacks
Barrett Loux, RHP, Texas A&M
7. New York Mets
Matt Harvey, RHP, North Carolina
8. Houston Astros
Delino DeShields Jr., CF, Woodward Academy, College Park, Ga.
9. San Diego Padres
Karsten Whitson, RHP, Chipley (Fla.) HS
10. Oakland Athletics
Michael Choice, OF, Texas-Arlington
11. Toronto Blue Jays
Deck McGuire, RHP, Georgia Tech
12. Cincinnati Reds
Yasmani Grandal, C, Miami
13. Chicago White Sox
Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast University
14. Milwaukee Brewers
Dylan Covey, RHP, Maranatha HS, Pasadena, Calif.
15. Texas Rangers (for
unsigned 2009 draft pick Matt Purke)
Jake Skole, OF, Blessed Trinity HS, Roswell, Ga.
16. Chicago Cubs
Hayden Simpson, RHP, Southern Arkansas University
17. Tampa Bay Rays
Josh Sale, OF, Bishop Blanchet HS, Seattle, Wash.
18. Los Angeles Angels (for
Type A free agent
Chone Figgins (Seattle))
Kaleb Cowart, SS, Cook County HS, Adel, Ga.
19. Houston Astros (for Type
A free agent
Jose Valverde (Detroit))
Mike Foltynewicz, RHP, Minooka (Ill.) Community HS
20. Boston Red Sox (for Type A free
Billy Wagner (Atlanta))
Kolbrin Vitek, 2B, Ball State
21. Minnesota Twins
Alex Wimmers, RHP, Ohio State
22. Texas Rangers
Kellin Deglan, C, Langley HS, B.C., Canada
23. Florida Marlins
Christian Yelich, OF, Westlake HS, Westlake Village, Calif.
24. San Francisco Giants
Gary Brown, CF, Cal State Fullerton
25. St. Louis Cardinals
Zack Cox, 3B, Arkansas
26. Colorado Rockies
Kyle Parker, OF, Clemson
27. Philadelphia Phillies
Jesse Biddle, LHP, Germantown Friends HS, Philadelphia, Pa.
28. Los Angeles Dodgers
Zach Lee, RHP, McKinney (Texas) HS
29. Los Angeles Angels (for
Type A free agent
John Lackey (Boston))
Cam Bedrosian, RHP, East Coweta HS, Sharpsburg, Ga.
30. Los Angeles Angels
Chevez Clarke, CF, Marietta (Ga.) HS
31. Tampa Bay Rays (for
unsigned 2009 draft pick LeVon Washington)
Justin O'Conner, C, Cowen HS, Muncie, Ind.
32. New York Yankees
Cito Culver, SS, Irondequoit HS, Rochester, N.Y.
|33. Houston Astros (for
Type A free agent Jose Valverdee (Detroit))
Michael Kvasnicka, C, Minnesota
34. Toronto Blue Jays (for Type A free agent Marco Scutaro (Boston))
Aaron Sanchez,RHP, Barstow (Calif.) HSS
35. Atlanta Braves (for Type A free agent Mike Gonzalez (Baltimore))
Matthew Lipka, SS, McKinney (Texas) HS
36. Boston Red Sox (for Type A free agent Jason Bay (New York Mets))
Bryce Brentz, OF, Middle Tennessee State
37. Los Angeles Angels (for Type A free agent John Lackey (Boston))
Taylor Lindsey, SS, Desert Mountain HS, Scottsdale, Ariz.
38. Toronto Blue Jays (for unsigned 2009 draft pick James Paxton)
Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Legacy HS, Mansfield, Texas
39. Boston Red Sox (for Type A free agent Billy Wagner (Atlanta))
Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, LSU
40. Los Angeles Angels (for Type A free agent Chone Figgins (Seattle))
Ryan Bolden, OF Madison (Miss.) Central HS
41. Toronto Blue Jays (for Type B free agent Rod Barajas (New York Mets))
Asher Wojciechowski, RHP, The Citadel
42. Tampa Bay Rays (for Type B free agent Gregg Zaun (Milwaukee))
Drew Vettleson, RHP, Central Kitsap HS, Silverdale, Wash.
43. Seattle Mariners (for Type B free agent Adrian Beltre (Boston))
Taijuan Walker, Yucaipa (Calif.) HS
44. Detroit Tigers (for Type B free agent
Brandon Lyon (Houston))
Nick Castellanos, 3B, Archbishop McCarthy HS, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
45. Texas Rangers (for Type B free agent Marlon Byrd (Chicago Cubs))
Luke Jackson, RHP Calvary Christian, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
46. St. Louis Cardinals (for Type B free agent Mark DeRosa (San Francisco))
Seth Blair, RHP, Arizona State
47. Colorado Rockies (for Type B free agent Jason Marquis (Washington))
Peter Tago, RHP, Dana Hills HS, Dana Point, Calif.
48. Detroit Tigers (for Type B free agent Fernando Rodney (Los Angeles Angels))
Chance Ruffin, RHP, Texas
49. Texas Rangers (for Type B free agent Ivan Rodriguez (Washington))
Mike Olt, 3B, Connecticut
50. St. Louis Cardinals (for Type B free agent Joel Pineiro (Los Angeles Angels))
Tyrell Jenkins, RHP, Henderson (Texas) HS
51. Washington Nationals
Sammy Solis, LHP, San Diego Calif.
52. Pittsburgh Pirates
Stetson Allie, RHP, St. Edward HS, Lakewood, Ohio
53. Atlanta Braves
Todd Cunningham ,3B, Jacksonville State, Ala.
54. Kansas City Royals
Brett Eibner, RHP, Arkansas, Texas
55. Cleveland Indians
LeVon Washington, OF, Chipola (Fla.), JC
56. Arizona Diamondbacks
J.R. Bradley, RHP, Nitro (W.Va.) HS
57. Boston Red Sox
Brandon Workman, RHP, Texas
58. Houston Astros
Vincent Velasquez, RHP, Garey (Calif.) HS
59. San Diego Padres
Jedd Gyorko ,2B ,West Virginia
60. Oakland Athletics
Yordy Cabrera, 3B, Lakeland (Fla.) HS
61. Toronto Blue Jays
Griffin Murphy, LHP, Redlands (Calif.) East Valley HS, Calif.
62. Cincinnati Reds
Ryan LaMarre ,OF, Michigan
63. Chicago White Sox
Jake Petricka, RHP, Indiana State
64. Milwaukee Brewers
Jimmy Nelson, RHP, Alabama
65. Chicago Cubs
Reggie Golden, OF, Wetumpka (Ala.) HS, Ala.
66. Tampa Bay Rays
Jake Thompson, RHP, Long Beach State, Calif.
67. Seattle Mariners
Marcus Littlewood, SS, Pine View HS, St. George, Utah
68. Detroit Tigers
Drew Smyly, LHP, Arkansas
69. Toronto Blue Jays
Kellen Sweeney ,3B, Jefferson HS, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
70. Atlanta Braves
Andrelton Simmon,s RHP, Western Oklahoma State JC, Okla.
71. Minnesota Twins
Niko Goodrum ,SS, Fayette County HS, Fayetteville, Ga.
72. Texas Rangers
Cody Buckel ,RHP ,Royal HS, Simi Valley, Calif.
73. Florida Marlins
Rob Rasmussen, LHP, UCLA, Calif.
74. San Francisco Giants
Jarrett Parker, OF, Virginia
75. St. Louis Cardinals
Jordan Swagerty ,RHP/C ,Arizona State
76. Colorado Rockies
Chad Bettis, RHP, Texas Tech
77. Philadelphia Phillies
Perci Garner, RHP, Ball State, Ind.
78. Los Angeles Dodgers
Ralston Cash, RHP, Lakeview Academy, Cornelia, Ga
79. Tampa Bay Rays
Derek Dietrich, 3B, Georgia Tech
80. Toronto Blue Jays
Justin Nicolino ,RHP, University HS, Orlando, Fla.
81. Los Angeles Angels
Daniel Tillman ,RHP ,Florida ,Southern Fla.
82. New York Yankees
Angelo Gumbs, OF, Torrance (Calif.) HS
83. Washington Nationals
Rick Hague, SS ,Rice ,Texas
84. Pittsburgh Pirates
Mel Rojas, Jr., CF, Wabash Valley (Ill.) CC
85. Baltimore Orioles
Dan Klein, RHP, UCLA Calif.
86. Kansas City Royals
Mike Antonio, SS, George Washington
87. Cleveland Indians
Tony Wolters, SS, Rancho Buena Vista HS, Vista, Calif.
88. Arizona Diamondbacks
Robby Rowland, RHP, Cloverdale (Calif.) HS
89. New York Mets
Blake Forsythe, C, Tennessee
90. Houston Astros
Austin Wates, 2B, Virginia Tech
91. San Diego Padres
Zach Cates, RHP, Northeast Texas CC
92. Oakland Athletics
Aaron Shipman, OF, Brooks County HS, Quitman, Ga.
93. Toronto Blue Jays
Christopher Hawkins, 3B, North Gwinnett HS, Suwanee, Ga.
94. Cincinnati Reds
Devin Lohman, SS, Long Beach State, Calif.
95. Chicago White Sox
Addison Reed, RHP, San Diego State, Calif.
96. Milwaukee Brewers
Tyler Thornburg, RHP, Charleston Southern, S.C.
97. Chicago Cubs
Micah Gibbs, C, Louisiana State
98. Tampa Bay Rays
Ryan Brett, 2B, Highline HS, Burien, Wash.
99. Seattle Mariners
Ryan Stanek, RHP, Blue Valley HS, Stilwell, Kan.
100. Detroit Tigers
Robbie Brantly, OF, UC Riverside, Calif.
101. Atlanta Braves
Joe Leonard, 3B, Pittsburgh, Pa.
102. Minnesota Twins
Pat Dean, LHP, Boston College, Mass.
103. Texas Rangers
Jordan Akins, OF, Union Grove HS, McDonough, Ga.
104. Florida Marlins
J.T. Realmuto, SS, Albert HS, Midwest City, Okla.
105. San Francisco Giants
Carter Jurica, SS, Kansas State
106. St. Louis Cardinals
Sam Tuivailala, SS, Aragon HS, San Mateo, Calif.
107. Colorado Rockies
Joshua Rutledge, SS, Alabama
108. Philadelphia Phillies
Cameron Rupp, C, Texas
109. Los Angeles Dodgers
Leon Landry, OF, Louisiana State
110. Boston Red Sox
Sean Coyle, SS ,Germantown Academy, Fort Washington, Pa.
111. Los Angeles Angels
Wendell Soto, SS, Riverview HS, Sarasota, Fla.
112. New York Yankees
Robert Segedin ,3B, Tulane, La.
The Major League Rules govern which players are eligible for selection in the Draft. These Rules are detailed, but the basic eligibility criteria can be described as follows: Generally, a player is eligible for selection if the player is a resident of the United States or Canada and the player has never before signed a Major League or Minor League contract. Residents of Puerto Rico and other territories of the United States are eligible for the Draft. Also considered residents are players who enroll in a high school or college in the United States, regardless of where they are from originally.
Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:
High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college
College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed and
A Club generally retains the rights to sign a selected player until one week prior to the next Draft, or until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college on a full-time basis. A selected player who enters a junior college cannot be signed until the conclusion of the school's baseball season. A player who is drafted and does not sign with the Club that selected him may be drafted again at a future year's Draft, so long as the player is eligible for that year's Draft. A Club may not select a player again in a subsequent year, unless the player has consented to the re-selection.
A player who is eligible to be selected and is passed over by every Club becomes a free agent and may sign with any Club, up until one week before the next Draft, or until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college full-time or enters, or returns to, a junior college. In the one-week period before any Draft, which is called the "closed period," the general rule is that no Club may sign a new player.
This description is a general one and the Major League Rules themselves, not this summary, govern eligibility issues. Players and coaches with questions about particular players are referred to the Baseball Operations Department at the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball.